Be My Valentine - a few ideas for the guys
Updated: Feb 28
I've been married for 34 years. I know my husband tries to be creative but, let's be honest, it's hard to think of original ideas after that long of a stretch. For me, I appreciate a bouquet of roses and a sweet note. But, I know some gals who can't stand the smell of flowers so, here are some ideas that may get ya a big kiss on the lips!
Twin Cities Personal Stylist
Cozy clothing - Since this week has brought polar temperatures, this Ambria Sherpa Lounge Set is sure to warm her heart. How cozy and cute! Price: $56.00
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are always a treat! Hy-Vee has a deal selling 25 for $25.00
Ted Baker large DECACON bag is a beautiful gift that is practical for shopping, the beach or taking a change of clothes to the gym. Price: $69.00
Want a movie to snuggle up and watch? Here are some of my top romantic picks.
- The Notebook (starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams)
- Pride and Prejudice (starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen)
- Sixteen Candles (Molly Ringwald)
- The Body Guard (Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston)
-Roman Holiday (Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn)
For the girl who likes to read, here are some great love stories and add a sweet bookmark.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
The days of a mixed tape are getting farther and farther behind us. Even the mixed CD is getting obsolete. But, you can put some great songs on your playlist as you eat your chocolate covered strawberries by candlelight and sip some wine. I'm a bit old school when it comes to music; I lean towards the classics.
- Faithfully by Journey
- Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney
- You are so Beautiful by Joe Cocker
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
- Thinking Outloud by Ed Sheeran
- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
- Lady in Red by Chris De Burgh
- Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye
For me, He can never go wrong with flowers. They are beautiful. It's not too late!
Wishing you and yours a Happy Valentine's Day!
Styling,Professional Stylist, Wardrobe Consultant, Style Expert, Trend Specialist, Style Coach, Image Consultant, Personal Shopper, Fashion Consultant, Professional Wardrobe, elevate your wardrobe, Polished look, Political Wardrobe Stylist