Spring/Summer Trends 2021
Updated: Mar 4
It's forty-five degrees and Sunny here in Minnesota today and I feel energized and hopeful. It's funny how the frigid temperatures and lack of sun can have such an effect on our outlook but, it does. It's real. I'm starting to notice the length of days getting longer and it makes me happy. I can't wait for it to be warm enough for me to sit on my deck and read in the sun (one of my favorite things to do). The warmth of the sunshine has given me a bit of Spring Fever. And I'm thinking about the Spring fashion rollouts.
Trends from year to year kind of blend into eachother and evolve from one to another. But, if you take the time to look, really look, you can see the new trends featured from store to store. As I've been shopping I've seen several themes standing out amongst the choices.
Lavender - I've seen it in all forms of clothing from sweatshirts to chiffon. It's a color that not everyone can wear. It washes me out so, instead of wearing it near my face, I'll choose a lanvender pant or a scarf tied to my purse strap.
2. Athleisure fabrics - I love that we're seeing casual fabrics appear in more elevated styles. The future of suits never looked more comfortable. Of course, we'll still be required to wear shirts that cover to the office but, put a black silk tee under this suit and it could go to the boardroom.
3. Hoodies - We've seen this for the last couple years with Veronica Beard blazer's becoming so popular but, I am in love with this fresh take on a blazer/hoodie combo. It's rich.
4. Busy prints - We'll see lots of color and lots of prints on prints this Spring. It's not boring but again, not everyone will find joy in this boldness.
5. Wide Legged and Jogger Pants - They've been around for awhile and they're sticking around for the time being. They are comfy and easy. And... after a season of working from home, comfort has become much more of a demand.
6. Frills - After being cooped up in our sweats and tees for so stinkin' long, fashion is answering with a pendulum swing offering clothing options with ruffles and collars and feminine details.
7. The Bra - This is a trend that I cringe thinking of because for every girl that wears it right, there are twenty-five that don't. It just can be a really bad style choice. So, think before you do. :)
8. If you have abs of steel, you'll enjoy showing off what you've got with the different styles that are show-casing women's abs. From front cutouts to side openings, this is a playful and fun look IF you've spent the last 12 month doing crunchies in your basement.
Trends are here today and move on in just a year or two of time. These are not investment styles. Classic never goes wrong or goes away. But, if you want to add a little trendy fun to your classics, these are the top trends of Spring/Summer 2021.
Minnesota Wardrobe Consutant Kathy Banta Styling Professional Stylist Minnesota's number one personal stylist Twin Cities Best Personal Stlist Twin Cities Wardrobe Consultant Style Expert Trend Specialist Style Coach Image Consultant Personal Shopper Fashion Consultant A La Mode Wardrobing Sara Rogers IAMSarahEdwards Richard Anderson Minneapolis Personal Stylist St Paul Fashion Consultant Stylist Kathy Banta